Slot games are created to be fun for you to play. They are also programmed by skilled mathematicians so that the RTP (return to player) is always less than 100%, thus guaranteeing that the house (casino/slots operator) always wins.
You should only ever play slots for fun and never see them as a way to win money. For every jackpot winner, there are thousands of players who have lost money. The odds are stacked against you from the start.
If you are going to make a deposit and play online slots for real money then follow these tips to stay in control.
- Only deposit what you can afford to lose
- Never gamble or deposit money that should be used for other priorities such as bills, rent, food or paying off debts.
- Never chase losses
- Never use a credit card to deposit – you will be charged by the credit card company as though it is a cash withdrawal.
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Stop and seek help before it’s too late – gambling has cost people everything including their jobs, their relationships, their home and in some cases their lives, with suicide a growing concern among problem gamblers.
- Ask yourself why you are gambling and seek alternative and more rewarding uses of your time and money.
For further information and advice on gambling, visit GambleAware.co.uk